Creating a style that’s all your own can be difficult, especially when you and many of your peers shop at the same stores. These styling tips will help you break out of the mold and stand out with your own unique style!
Part 1: Mix-and-Match
The easiest way to re-vitalize your wardrobe when you feel like you have a limited number of outfits, is to mix-and-match what you have! Don’t be afraid to choose combinations that you wouldn’t normally put together and try them on. You may be surprised what works when you actually put it on together (or what doesn’t!). Try mixing different patterns or color-blocking solids for a fun statement look, or mix neutrals from different outfits with a cute accessory for a more subdued, but still stylish look. For dresses, try adding a jacket or sweater, or even a tank or tee underneath to give it a different look. Adding a scarf or hat is another great way to spruce up a dress or any outfit to keep it from looking bland, especially in the fall and winter. Once you’ve tried working with what you have, you may find that there are a few basic pieces missing that could really add to your mix-and-match options, so head over to ETSY and find that missing piece! Whether it’s a denim jacket, a pair of straight-leg jeans, a lacey tank-top- I’m sure you’ll find that perfect piece to spice up your wardrobe without having to buy multiple whole outfits.
Outfit pieces shown:
- Flower Tee: AG Flower Power outfit
- Plaid Skirt: AG Plaid Skirt and Sweater
- Ruffle Sweater: AG Bitty Blossom
- Tan Boots: Sophia’s Brand
- Turtleneck: AG Sightseeing outfit
- Necklace: ShimmerMyst on ETSY
- Jeans: AG store exclusive Logo jeans
- Infinity Scarf: Clarisse original
- Dress: Closet4Chloe on ETSY
- Denim Jacket: AG Coconut’s best friend
- Floral shirt: Clarisse original